Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 209

Ken_P, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

How is "club sedan" defined?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
Currently listed on eBay is an unrestored 1937 Packard 1096 club sedan, prompting to ask forum members to define exactly what constitutes a "club sedan."

as always
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2016/1/23 13:06
 Top  Print   

Re: How is "club sedan" defined?
Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
According to Packard, prewar Club Sedans do not have the rear quarter windows behind the rear doors. Postwar Club Sedans are two-door cars.

Posted on: 2016/1/23 14:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Many variations on the theme depending on the car manufacturer or coachbuilder, and vintage. The elimination of the rear quarter windows is a defining feature of the 4-door club sedans, also the roofline was usually foreshortened (brought forward), rear seat moved forward to give more social or cozy seating positions, and in the trunk rack era, a built-in trunk made its appearance on club sedans before they became a common feature. The following are on the '34 Packard 1101 chassis.

Attach file:

jpg  (113.52 KB)
177_56a3dc20d9da7.jpg 1280X929 px

jpg  (111.76 KB)
177_56a3dc2aa5aeb.jpg 1280X929 px

Posted on: 2016/1/23 15:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
Thank you for the pics--I'm a visual person--and the explanation. I rather figured it was a sedan modified in some way, but what "way," was what I was wondering. (Good grief, sorry for all the unintentional W's in that sentence.)

as always
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2016/1/24 12:24
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved