Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 220

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Curb Feelers
Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
I must be having a senior moment. I just bought a set of curb feelers and can't remember if one set goes on either side towards the front or do they both go on the right side. One aft of the front wheel and the other just ahead of the rear wheel???

Posted on: 2008/11/30 23:17
 Top  Print   

Re: Curb Feelers
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Both on the curb (right) side.

Jim

Posted on: 2008/11/30 23:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Thanks Jim, That's what I was thinking.

Posted on: 2008/11/30 23:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Bob,

Where on earth did you find curb feelers? I haven't seen them in years. We have virtually no curbs here in Phoenix, so I guess they would not be a big seller here.

Jim

Posted on: 2008/11/30 23:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I always thought that the only car that should have curb feelers should be a '58 Packard Hawk, and they should be on both sides, for that complete "catfish" look.

Posted on: 2008/12/1 0:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
In my opinion, which is worth exactly what you paid for it, curb feelers go along with mud flaps with red reflectors and dingle berries that hang around the headliner. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I can remember being ridiculed at 18 for driving a big boat when every one else had a Chevy or Ford.

Posted on: 2008/12/1 1:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
If it were me I would get a nice box put them in there with the fuzzy dice, baby shoes, fox tails, mud flaps with lights, mark box do not open until I die and seal it keep in trunk. As you may have guessed I do not care for them but its your car do what makes you happy.
This seems to be a touchy subject

Posted on: 2008/12/1 10:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
I have a genuine Packard one on the right front side of my 56. It is a single unit. The reason I have it is that it has stopped me from scraping my whitewalls. I guess if I were a more careful driver, I would not have needed it and would have kept it in the Packard box.

Posted on: 2008/12/1 10:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Loyd Smith
See User information
It's peculiar how tastes differ. To me curb feelers, though admittedly serving a useful purpose, do not detract nearly as much from the ascetics of pleasing automotive design as do exterior sun-visors - which also serve a useful purpose. Everyone has an opinion.

Posted on: 2008/12/1 11:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
I wonder if I could put curb feelers on my wife's Toyota Corolla? It would sure save me from replacing the front Passenger hubcap & tire every other year. You should see them. They look like they went through a cheese grater. This last time I actually bought a set of 4 hubcaps so I am stocked up for 8 years.

Posted on: 2008/12/1 11:56
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved