Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 225

r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1930's Chassis numbers
Home away from home
Home away from home

tfee
See User information
Is there any record of chassis numbers from the 1930's? I'm trying to help a gentleman with an unknown chassis sell his parts and get the most from them. His chassis number is 433768 and he doesn't have a body or engine to compare numbers with. Any help on this?
Tanks in advance guys
Todd

Posted on: 2016/4/8 19:25
 Top  Print   

Re: 1930's Chassis numbers
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Where on the remains is this number you're calling a chassis number?

Posted on: 2016/4/8 22:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tfee
See User information
The owner says it's stamped in to the top of the drivers side frame rail ahead of the firewall and has a star in front of it. My 733 has a similar stamp although the number is preceded and followed by a star.

Posted on: 2016/4/9 7:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Packard called that a Frame Serial Number, not a chassis number. Generally it's on the driver's side, just above the rear front spring shackle. I'm not aware of any Frame Numbers in that range, are you sure you read it correctly? Packard specification at least in the 32-35 era was that the number was both preceded and followed by a star.

Here's the Packard specification for 1933 noting the location and style of the various numbers.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 565.35 KB; Hits: 95

Posted on: 2016/4/9 8:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tfee
See User information
Thanks OD, I'll try and get some photos to clarify, I haven't seen it in person.

Posted on: 2016/4/10 11:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tfee
See User information
Here is a link to the CL ad that I found, the owner wasn't able to get me any photos but he did let me know that the frame is for a 126" wheelbase car and that it has 8 lugs per tire which I believe makes it a 1928 526 or 1929 626. Unfortunately the wheels have been cut down to fit 15" rims.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/pts/5492901000.html

Maybe someone here can use some late twenties chassis parts. The price is certainly right. The car is in Richfort, VT. so I am unable to go look at it.

Posted on: 2016/4/12 9:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If someone misread the first digit of the frame number as a 4 and it was a 1, that would correspond to a 526.

Posted on: 2016/4/12 9:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved