Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
95 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 91

Guscha, easyriderhatch, Gary Kulp, dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: First Time Posting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Great looking Caribbean! I have found that almost every town has a local historical society. I usually start with the local library and ask for their help contacting the historical society. So far, there has always been someone on the library staff that is a member of the local historical society. I suspect you will be surprised with the amount of info you will be able to uncover about the owner of the car and details about your really unique automobile. You might also try contacting Carol Mauck at the Packards International Club office. I believe Carol and her husband owned a 53 Caribbean in southern California in the 1990's. If the former owner was a Packards International Club member Carol will know the car.

Happy Holidays,
Mike Grimes

Posted on: 2008/12/19 7:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Thanks BigKev. Got it loaded.

Posted on: 2008/12/19 17:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Thanks Mike. Yes I know Carol very well. I used to run a sales office in Irvine, CA from 1997-2003 so I was out there every 6-8 weeks. I would visit the PI offices (inside Custom Auto Service) every chance I got. I got to know the Escalante brothers (owners of Custom Auto) pretty well and they let me wander around the shop to see what they were working on. Like a kid in a candy store Really good people.

Carol did tell me some stories about Dr. Gullet but she didn't know about the previous owner. I'll probably need to tap Fred's memory sometime.

Posted on: 2008/12/19 19:28
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved