Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 163

todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 »

Re: Kanter's 1952 Packard Limo Restoration
Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
That is the end of the front door on the passenger side using the replacement 51-2 2 door sedan front door. Then the gap in between would be where the B pillar is and the door to the left is the front half of the Dietrich rear stretched door.

Posted on: 2017/5/30 14:37
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

zougeride
See User information
Dear Brothers Kanter,

I have enjoyed your quest to restore this deserving Packard, but I have hit a snag. Around page 20 or so Photobucket prevents me from seeing and enjoying your photographs of the work.

At the start of the restoration your photographs were excellent and added greatly to the narrative.

I don't want photobucket to stand in the way of enjoying your posts. May I ask you resort to just posting the photographs.

Thanking you in advance from some one who finds all technology after the dial telephone defeating!!!

Zougeride

Posted on: 2017/7/15 10:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard5687
See User information
Re Zougeride's comment - indeed, none of the photos are showing. Instead, this message is showing:

Attach file:

png  (160.36 KB)
13111_596b6d478a914.png 492X486 px

Posted on: 2017/7/16 8:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
My knowledge of computers etc has inspired me to found the "Flip Fone Fraternity", this topic is run by James From whose contact info is listed at the top of the posts. Whoever hosts?? our photos has changed their protocol recently resulting in the disruption. James' wife just had a baby and he is on paternity leave and is devoting his time and attention to his family. No one here knows how to fix it until he returns.

I think it would be more productive to inform either James From or myself or both of us by PM.

Posted on: 2017/7/16 9:22
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

zougeride
See User information
Dear Brothers Kanter:

I have received an e-mail from you which seems to imply I owe you money. I have never purchased from your find company. I do admire your love of Packards and your hard work to insure that Packard owners have your business to rely upon when parts for their cars are needed. I know it take a lot of dedication and hard work.

You have explained the problem with your photograph postings and I thank you for that information and I look forward to a return to photographs in your postings in the future.

I am sure there must be some mistake regarding the suggestion I owe you money.

Sincerely,
Zougeride

Posted on: 2017/7/16 15:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Dear Zougeride,

As you have again chosen to make this issue public where I have already said the discussing it privately would be more appropriate I will reply more strongly top help other forum members see that it appears to me you are doing this maliciously.

My PM started with "IF you owed us money "and asked if you would we discuss a POSSIBLE error ( on your or our part) would you think it best for all to have it discussed in public or via PM.

Again, my PM started with "IF" which in English indicates a hypothetical which means it is not a fact and just stated for illustration.

You chose to misinterpret it and accuse me of saying publicly that you owe us money which is a blot on our integrity.

Being the "big guys" we are used to having minor things and have outright lies by posters/customers thrown in our face as if we had committed treason.

In this case I request you remove the obvious lie and post an apology. If I had besmirched your reputation wrongly I would do the same.

When we're wrong we admit and correct, but if we're right and the lie persists, well you see what happens.

Posted on: 2017/7/16 17:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
To all forum members reading this topic.

It turns out that our photos are hosted by an outside service. Very recently they changed their format which resulted in the blocking notices posted and removal of some photos which has been commented on.

We are aware of it but unable to correct it as James From, our marketing manager, is on leave due to a new baby and he knows what to do. I became aware of this on Saturday and even if he was not on leave he only works 5 days a week.

Thank you, we all hope you have enjoyed the limo project. It is stalled as I am busy doing a move of 45,000 sq ft of parts to another of our buildings.

Be assured we will address it as soon as he returns

fred kanter

Posted on: 2017/7/16 19:22
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

zougeride
See User information
Dear Brothers Kanter:

Thank you for your explanation of why the photographs of your interesting and inventive restoration of the Packard limo have been missing.

If you will return to my comments you will see my intentions were to continue to enjoy your restoration process postings and to compliment you on it, your business success, and to clarify "if" I owed you money which I do not.

Again, I standby my compliments to you and my clarification of my financial position.

We shall have to agree to disagree as to your interpretation of and reaction to our correspondence. This matter is at an end as far as I am concerned.

I look forward to continue to follow your postings and photographs of your Packard limo and wish you continue success with it and your business.

Zougeride

Posted on: 2017/7/17 9:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
Thank you for your concern of the photos missing from this thread. I handle our forum contributions and social media interaction with our customers. When I first setup this thread I used a photo sharing platform "Photobucket" to provide links so that I could embed links of photos into a post instead of through downloading it to Packardinfo. I chose to do this for multiple reasons as it take up less room within this forum, loads faster and I can post them faster to various other forms. As of now the photo sharing site that I have used has decided to stop allowing people to share photos for free and instead wants to charge $399 a year. This has affected over 100,000 users and one of them being us. I am working to resolve this issue as we speak and appreciate your patience. Part of my issue at this time is I can not edit some of our post due to their age.

Here an article on the outrage from Photobucket users concerning this issue.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/16/photobucket-fee-hike/

Thanks
James From
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2017/7/17 15:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It's always a problem when linking to any third party service. Case in point is for all the eBay and Craigs List links that very quickly become dead. Also, third party image hosting does not resize images to suit the site on which they're being presented, often making them so huge as to be virtually impossible to view.

Posted on: 2017/7/17 16:03
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved