Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 223

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 Packard grill and grill surround
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

series014
See User information
I was looking at a 1940 Packard grill and grill surround for my 1940 Packard and was trying to see if the 6-cylinder grill and surround which bolts to the fenders are the same on 115 and 120's and 160s? The 160 would have a shuttered grill, but the surround should be the same? I am trying to buy the correct part Does anyone know if there is a difference Thanks

Posted on: 2023/2/22 18:06
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 Packard grille and grille surround
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
No 115 in 1940 but as far as I recall, the 110, 120, 160 and 180 used the same grille housing. The grille frame itself, though, is quite different between the junior and senior models but the parts book should help confirm.

Posted on: 2023/2/22 19:16
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 Packard grill and grill surround
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I believe Don is correct. I think that the 40-42 grille is the same and the junior fixed bar and senior moving bar grilles fit the same hole in the sheet metal. Confirm with part numbers.

Posted on: 2023/2/23 7:03
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 Packard grille and grilel surround
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
There are some very slight differences between the 1940 and 1941 grille (and maybe 1942) but they are little details that do not show at all on the outside and they all fit the same opening. I don’t recall exactly what these differences were but I know the original grille from my 1940 was slightly different than the replacement I bought from a 1941.

Note also that for the stationery bars, the originals had four different ones installed on a given grille. There were two types of shorter ones and two types of longer ones, the differences being that lefts had the front edge bent to match the angle of the left side of the grille and right hand had them angled to match the right side. Some reproduction bars have a radius on the front edge so watch for that when buying.

Posted on: 2023/2/24 2:49
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved