Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 122

Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Airtex electric fuel pump
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
If you need fuses, I get them from Harbor Freight. $30 will get you pretty much a lifetime supply of glass and both blade sizes, no matter your age.

Posted on: 2023/4/30 19:32
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry Reber
See User information
I have one on my 37 to assist getting the system primed after sitting for a time. (like months......)
I used a single pull double pull momentary/off/on switch, (SPDT )
This allows me to push the momentary contact to prime the carb and release then if needed I can place it in contant run .
It is powered from main power ( forget actual point) but the car is equipped with a battery cut off switch.

Posted on: 2023/5/1 0:31
Larry Reber
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
A common modern type diaphragm pump would work just as well for priming a system that has been stored.

Mount it somwhere where it can be reached and put a 6" lever on the actuator arm so that it can be manually operated. The regular stock pump should be able to pull fuel through it with no problem.

Ideally, it would be mounted under the trunk area on the frame near the gas tank and away from the exhaust, with a linkage/handle arrangement to operate it from within the trunk. A good quality choke cable or PTO cable might do to operate it.

I'd mount it in its normal upright position, and a little higher than the top of the fuel tank and locate the operating knob or handle in an out of the way spot in the trunk. Something like a coffee can could be used to make a dust/splash shield for the pump.

Posted on: 2023/5/1 7:49
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved