Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 214

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Shift Fork Springs Packard 110
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I would question why it would be needed, then find whatever is required to put it back as it should be! Thick spacers are a kludge, not a repair.

Either the arms are incorrect or the shaft is. I’m fairly sure I have arms somewhere to measure so can check when back at my shop in a couple weeks but not sure I have the shaft as I believe I sold it not too long ago along with the rest of the column and gearbox. If I have another, though, I’ll measure it too.

Posted on: 2023/6/25 2:45
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Joe
See User information
Howard, there is a pin in the shifter selector. The pin moves up and down freely (a little bit). I'm looking to disassemble the column and remove the upper lever. Does this pin need to be driven out or is there more to it? The little bit of movement has me hesitant to drive it out with a punch.

Attach file:

jpg  shifter.jpg (251.75 KB)
226160_64a0cb9a33745.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2023/7/1 19:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I'm not sure but it may be a tapered pin as Packard seemed to like them. If it is, it will tap out relatively easily but obviously only from one direction.

Posted on: 2023/7/1 20:09
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Joe
See User information
Quote:

Packard Don wrote:
I'm not sure but it may be a tapered pin as Packard seemed to like them. If it is, it will tap out relatively easily but obviously only from one direction.

OK thank you. Now I’ll have to figure out which side.

Posted on: 2023/7/1 20:23
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved