Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 219

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

PACKARD EIGHT Pocket Watch
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
Hi All,

A few years back I had a Packard watch that was stolen, it was in a octagonal shape, and the numbers were replaced with the letters P A C K A R D E I G H T

Has anyone ever seen another watch like this before? I'm curious if there were other like it made?

Cheers,
Mat

Posted on: 2023/8/15 21:49
 Top  Print   
Sad (1)

Re: PACKARD EIGHT Pocket Watch
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
Don't think I've ever seen the version with "P A C K A R D E I G H T " on the dial, but I have seen a few of the octagonal case Packard watches with standard Arabic numerals and either a white face or a black face, with the Packard radiator on it. I want to say it had a scroll at the bottom of the radiator, like Packard advertising frequently featured, and said either Ask the Man Who Owns One or Of a Distinguished Family. I have one of them with the black and gold face, something I bought over 40 years ago outside of Lansing MI. Not sure if these were given to buyers of new Packards by some dealers, or whether they were available through the dealers' parts and accessories division.

Posted on: 2023/8/15 22:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
Bringing up an old thread, Kevin, would you happen to have any photos of your watch for comparisons? You don't see too many of them around now.

I was devistated when I list this watch. I now have a lovely Omega skeleton wrist watch with a 1909 Packard on it. :) It's a beautiful watch.

Posted on: 2023/11/11 21:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
If I had the money I would have bought a 10 year anniversary employee watch from 1939 (seen one on eBay) to match my car but alas they made them of gold and still too expensive for me.

I did get a couple of Shell Oil skeleton pocket watches (given out 1939-40, one working, the other more costume/parts).

I don't think I've seen the octagon one anywhere.

Posted on: 2023/11/11 23:43
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved