Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 233

DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Hub Cap Question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
Good point. To affirm, I was recommended by the paint shop that shot mine to use gloss nail polish over top of any chips/scratches I had to fill with the touch-up paint supplied when doing the final assembly, especially as mine is a base/clear paint on the body. Works great!
Bob J.

Posted on: 2023/11/17 17:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ElGroucho
See User information
Quote:

Bob J wrote:
No prep at all. Just painted on the bright chrome, bumpers too. I know this is less than durable, but I am the one maintaining them and I am very careful.
That said, Packard did the same, all areas under the original paint where standard bright nickel, no texture for 'tooth'.
As to paint, tremclad red spray can, on the bumpers and bumperettes, masked and sprayed the black with a spray bomb too On the hubcaps the black was brushed on with black model paint. I used a desk magnifying lamp to see the edges better, the polishing process on the hubcaps caused the letter stamping and ring grooves to be greatly diminished in height and clarity so careful strokes where needed to key around each letter.
Bob J.

Thanks Bob. I'll give it a shot I really wanted to avoid having to scuff up the chrome.

Posted on: 2023/11/19 1:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ElGroucho
See User information
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
This recent thread on the AACA Forums may be of interest. Scroll up when you open it, to start reading from the beginning.

Lots of options. Thanks for the thread link.

Posted on: 2023/11/19 1:52
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved