Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1940 Packard 180
Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
Not sure if that’s an original Packard color, but I like it!

Posted on: 11/30 17:55
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

58survivor
See User information
Thanks, I like this color too. I'm currently considering having it repainted due to several paint failure spots - cracking, peeling/lifting, separation from primer coat. If the current color is correct it should be Miami Sand but that looks a bit more tan and less yellow than the current paint. I thought perhaps it was Packard Cream from the 1937 paint options which looks closer. If anyone has thoughts on the name or color match of the current color I'd appreciate the inputs. Worst case, i get the shop to do a color match.

This is my first foray into getting a car painted. I'm hunting for a paint shop within a reasonable distance with a good reputation. Not looking for a concours paint job but don't want Macco quality either. This car is a driver and I'm not worried about judging or points. Trying not to break the bank. Any thoughts on what price ranges I should expect?

Posted on: 11/30 19:44
Joe L
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
A good paint job isn't cheap. The amount of prep needed is a factor. Skimping on prep assures a poor job, or one that won't last long. If you change color, it adds steps and cost. If the present paint is mostly good, spot repairs might be an option, if done correctly.

Posted on: 11/30 20:29
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Maaco painted my 54. But I did all the body and prep work. Also I brought it to them as a bare shell. So really no masking. Even then, it was still a $3500 paint job, 10 years ago.

Posted on: 12/1 7:19
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved