Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 213

Alvin14, CarFreak, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard parts seller inquiry
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I was browsing around this morning and discovered this site belonging to Ken Thornton.http://ken-thornton.com/packard.html What I was wondering about was the statement made on his website, "Note: Beware Parts Seller David Flack ~ eBay Member packard247". Now I have personally dealt with Dave on several occasions and never had a problem, and was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with this Ken as I'm thinking of buying a couple of parts from him for my Speedster. I know curiosity killed the cat, and I may be opening a can of worms here, but I like to check people out before I deal with them.

Posted on: 2009/8/12 5:35
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard parts seller inquiry
Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Never dealt with him but you could read the feedback left for him to get an idea. Only one bad feedback could be defective buyer, lots of them is defective seller.

Posted on: 2009/8/12 6:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I'm sure everyone would agree that checking out a seller/contractor/doctor/lawyer, etc. is a fine idea. For those who are not aware, I am Packard247 on Ebay and have feedback there since 1999. I have bought/sold/traded with many Packardinfo members. The problem with feedback/second hand or rumored reputations is the truth can be hidden, or misunderstood the further you get from the sources. Obviously, Ken and I had a disagreement. I tried (unsuccessfully) to work with Ken for resolution. Ken then protested to Ebay who arbitrated the dispute; Ebay did not rule in his favor. Ken has since posted what you saw, of course reflecting only his perspective, and that of "someone else" who also takes a slap at Sandy Chirco.
What does it say about a man who conducts himself in such a manner? I'm not going to go further, and certainly not in a public forum where only my opinion would be noted, and I certainly am Not inviting Ken to further libel my name, or re-live personal matters here. Packardworld is surprisingly small - several of my Packard friends have come across Ken's vilification and called me to make me aware of it.
Yes, I am aware of it.

Posted on: 2009/8/12 10:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Like I stated before, I have been totally satisfied with my dealings with Dave.

But once I seen that on Ken's site, I decided to err on the side of caution before making a purchase from him. I didn't know if you were aware of this Dave, hence my posting of it on here. I'm glad you do know of this, and want you to know that it in no way changes my high opinion of you.

Posted on: 2009/8/12 10:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Thanks for the thread.
Dave, Thanks for your posting here. I appreciate your language and candor.

I believe that each of us is about as happy as we want to be.
I also find some folks who don't seem to want to be very happy.

PS- I just got a rotary antenna re-build by Sandy of tuscon Packard. I have been nothing but happy with my dealings with him.

DanL

Posted on: 2009/8/12 11:53
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Flackmaster: If Eric states your an honest vendor, then I tend to believe that. I have never had any dealings with Ken Thorton or you.

I see nothing wrong with what Ken has done if he thinks he has been treated wrongly by a vendor. If I were in his situation I would do what he has done, if I thought I got a screwing.

What does it say about a man who conducts himself in such a
manner. What it tells me that he has some back bone and is just letting the rest of the world know, that he thinks that he has been treated wrongly.

If you think that he has libeled your name then there are legal actions that you can take against Ken.

A fellow told me once there are two sides to every story and that in the middle lies the truth.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/8/12 18:44
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Chirco
See User information
NOT THAT HE NEEDS ME TO DEFEND HIS NAME, BUT I WILL ANYWAY. IM MIKE CHIRCO, SANDYS' SON. HIS REPUTATION AND INTEGRITY SPEAK FOR ITSELF. IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT TO BE A SUCCESSFUL HOME BUILDER FOR 40 YEARS IN TUCSON IF YOU SCREWED PEOPLE.

P.S. IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FOR YOUR PACKARD, DONT HESITATE TO CALL TUCSON PACKARD 520-722-1985 THANK YOU FOR READING

Posted on: 2009/8/19 11:08
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved