Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

17th Annual Studebaker-Packard Cruise-In/Rally in Ohio
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
The Ohio Region of the Studebaker Drivers Club has been holding a Studebaker-Packard Cruise-In/Rally at Wink's Drive-In in Barberton, OH each summer for the past 16 years. Billed as the largest one-day Studebaker meet in the world, the event typically draws hundreds of cars, ranging from unrestored to customs, but only a handful of Packards. Since it was a bit too far for me for a one-day trip, I'd never attended.

However, I recently learned that the event has moved this year from Wink's to Summit Racing, in Tallmadge, OH (near Akron), right off of I-76. Set for Saturday, August 29, 2009, it runs all day and well into the evening. Best of all it's free.

Less than a two-hour trip, I just may try to take that one in this year - though only as a spectator.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 17:51
 Top  Print   

Re: 17th Annual Studebaker-Packard Cruise-In/Rally in Ohio
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I know AColds and his brother used to go to Winks and I'm assuming they might try to get to Summit for this August show. Thanks to PacmanDon for reminding us at Warren. He lost some weight and I didn't immediately recignize him. That's not a long haul and we'll try to make it. I'll pass along the word to some other Packard owners who don't get on here that often.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 18:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
My brother and I will be there in the past it has been one of our favorite events. Last year they had a section for Packards. Hope it continues to be as well attended. Only a couple of hours from Pittsburgh and nice roads all the way.
Pic from last years event of Packard row.

Attach file:

jpg  (88.75 KB)
252_4a6cfa8feb73c.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/7/26 19:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
OK, this event is coming up next weekend and I'm thinking of attending for the first time - as a spectator. Looks like Randy and Al and his brother will be there.

Anybody else from P'Info going?

Posted on: 2009/8/23 18:40
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I should be there with my light green & white 1955 400. Another friend of mine with a grey & white 1955 400 also plans to attend this year. It looks like the rain will end around 7am on Saturday so the weather shouldn't be a factor. The reason they moved from Winks to Summit Racing is because of some disputes with the owners of Winks. My car was on the dash plaque last year.

Posted on: 2009/8/28 15:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
My brother and I will be leaving home about 10:30 spoke to Randy a while ago and he is also planning on attending . Having been around for quite a few years even if I get wet it won't be the first time.

Posted on: 2009/8/28 20:38
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
It starts at 2pm, but people show up earlier. I'll be there around 4:30 as I have another committment I have to honor first. My friend with the grey '55 400 should be there earlier though.

Posted on: 2009/8/28 21:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
It was still pouring down rain here at 9AM Saturday, but the clouds had parted and the sun was shining when I set out for Tallmadge at noon.

Randy, Al and his brother, and Pac-manDon were already there when I got there, and others continued to arrive throughout the afternoon.

I think there were about a dozen Packards in attendance, and Randy Berger's '56 Four Hundred got a lot of attention and compliments from Stude folk. Of course, there weren't anywhere near as many Packards as Warren typically gets each July, but I wasn't expecting to see cars from outside of the Penn-Ohio area for this one. Still, it's nice to have another good regional event that isn't dominated by Big Three product.

Hopefully others will report in, here, with pix as I forgot to recharge the batteries for my camera.

I got home about 9PM, and it started raining again after I hit the hay. It was a cold and dreary Sunday, with more rain.

Clearly, the Patron Saint of Antique Autos must have approved of this event.

Posted on: 2009/8/30 19:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
My Brother and I left at 10:30 got a short period of hard rain the cleared up and was sunny the rest of the day sunny and blue sky. The Summit Racing has a nice place and the surrounding grounds were great for a show as there was grass and trees to hide from the sun. Not a lot of Packards but the ones present did a good job of representing the brand. A few pics are included but I did miss a few cars but Randy did take some pictures. His car received quite a few compliments as usual.
Check this :
http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32546

Attach file:

jpg  (199.96 KB)
252_4a9b29ffb338f.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (133.33 KB)
252_4a9b2a118d420.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (139.50 KB)
252_4a9b2a22cb113.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (155.63 KB)
252_4a9b2a38b5b6a.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (154.31 KB)
252_4a9b2a4d8fb71.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (42.98 KB)
252_4a9b2a608a004.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/8/30 20:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
At least they segregated the Studes from the REAL cars!

Posted on: 2009/8/30 21:09
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved