Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 151

Don Shields, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: PackardInfo Member Makes Cover of Hot Rod Magazine!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
I'm not a rodder, but that is a verrry cool car! I'd love one.
Haven't see the mag, but I'm guessing the collection referred to was the "57 Heaven" collection in Branson MO that was recently auctioned off.

Posted on: 2009/12/11 9:08
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

BRIAN THOMAS
See User information
The you tube vid was of the old 288 that i biult the car with. The car now has a real mean 327.

The car colection was in Winnemuca I dont know how to spell it. The guy built a big museum and then had money troubles. the collection went to the Pertson museum and was sold off for about 1/10th of its puchase price. There was one car, a 1970 Chevelle? that was bought for 1.2 million when he was buying cars then sold at the Peterson auction for 240.000 There was lots of stuff there. A guy here in Salt Lake that bought both of Al Teagues land speed cars for 250.00 for the stream liner "SPirit of 76" and the Sad, Teague & Bently roadster for 110.000 They are in a private museum here in town. With the Mormon Meteor III

Brian.

Posted on: 2009/12/11 21:25
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

kacarlson
See User information
If you post another video, let us know. That was one of my all time favorites.

Keith

Posted on: 2009/12/14 5:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I finally got a chance to find the mag and check it out. Everything's great except one thing, on page 50 the caption under the picture reads "No one else is running this engine". I beg to differ! I guess in the world of Hot Rod and bellybutton engines, this knowledge would be lost. Kudos to Brian and everyone else hot rodding Packard straight eights for keeping the fire alive!!

Posted on: 2009/12/24 16:18
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

dskuperus@msn.com
See User information
I was wondering if you can put together a quick list of parts. Such as the type of frame you used. The article said that you had fabricated it yourself. Did you start with an old frame and change it to fit what you wanted to do? It is a great car and I would like to build something similar to it.

Posted on: 2009/12/24 17:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
You need to take that car on Hot Rod Power Tour next June.

Posted on: 2009/12/25 7:02
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Excellent car, Brian. My father in law had to chase me down and make sure I saw the article - this is what YOUR engine should look like. He has every Hot Rod magazine from Nov 1957-current, except for one that his mother threw out sometime in the 70s.

Posted on: 2009/12/27 11:19
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
You should dig through your father's collection and look up the May 2001 issue of Hot Rod pages 84-89 (my 15 min. of fame).

Posted on: 2009/12/27 12:25
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved