Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
188 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 187

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 2 (3)

Re: The $10 You Should Spend
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Part of my last post was directed at Owen I made the mistake of saying the he was the PAC webmaster.

I think that is time for some behind the scenes facts to be put forward as to why Eric isn't part of us any longer. As we all know there have been some difference between Owen and Eric in the recent past. Owen couldn't handle the situation and complained to a third party about Eric. Basically saying that if something wasn't done about Eric he was going to pickup his marbles and go home. This position put the other two parties in a bad spot thus resulting in Eric's departure.

I have know about this situation for some period of time and haven't been to happy about. It has resulted in Packardinfo losing one of two valuable assets and contributors it had.

It seems that I have two bad habits in life concerning friends I have. I tell them straight out when they are wrong. I will also stick by them till Cuba freezes over when I think they are right.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/3/20 14:49
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
John
You have a gift of 'candor.' I have appreciated your forums and especially the history, since all of us are getting closer to being history everyday.

Hope you return after your vacation from Packard Info.

Regarding PackardInfo:

I have read and posted since 2007 on here. I have been informed by comments and questions from every person mentioned in the above thread. (Not to mention the 1000s of threads I have read and posted to.)
MY PERSONAL PERSPECTIVE IS:
1. Biases and perspectives are different for everybody. When they become gossip, insults and attacks, then that is destructive.
2. WE ARE NOT B.S-ing over coffee at the corner cafe here online. This is a public forum. I think PInfo invites everybody to participate and feel welcome.
3. Personally, I think that assinine comments are a reflection on the person doing the posting. Somebody else may love it. I choose to take it or leave it, depending.

Finally, my all-time favorite Abe Lincoln quote goes something like this:

"We are all about as happy as we want to be."

DanL

Posted on: 2010/3/20 15:27
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
DanL, Thank you!

Posted on: 2010/3/20 16:49

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
As I have said many time before, Eric's departure was his choice, as it is yours at this time of your choosing. After all I believe we are all men around here. I had asked Eric to come to some kind of an agreement between himself and Dave and he felt he would rather leave. You will find Eric's goodbye post still here on the forum for reference. Obviously you have your opinions, and you are welcome to have them. At the end of the day no one person makes this website. It a combination of it's users as a whole. Unfortunately there are times when grown men cannot come to an applicable agreement, and I have to step in make the choices I do for the website as a whole. There are no winners in that situation. But I refuse to let the forums here turn into a pissing match between two people, or allow the people to use it for their soapbox to settle old grudges. I have no patience in proctoring grown men.

There is something to be said for leaving gracefully with no regrets if that is what you truly want to do. Good luck to you where ever your travels may take you.

With that I think its time to move on to more positive topics that involve Packards.

Posted on: 2010/3/20 19:04
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog

« 1 2 (3)

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved