Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 208

Alvin14, CarFreak, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: V8 lifter differences
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
What is the TRW number for these lifters? Is it VL-13?

Posted on: 2010/9/22 21:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Yes

Posted on: 2010/9/22 21:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Hibernation????? We all have 55 and 56 Packards with V8's. Controversy over parts is ramapant and has been for at least 12 years that i know of. The V8 as well as the rest of the car is at the very least an R&D project. There is nothing text book or by-the-book about maintaning them. If it was as easy as a tri-5 Chevy then every week end warrior and red neck across America would be restoring them just like they do the tri-5 chevies.

Many of the so-called 'experts' are not really experts at all. There are NO experts on these cars (unless it's their own car) . We are not dealing with tri-5 chevies here.
I've called various vendors and other so called experts about various parts of which they have no idea (or claim no knowledge of) while a few weeks later someone on this forum comes up with a factory part number of reference. In some cases they didn't even know how the part actualy functioned.

THere is no offense to be taken here by anyone. It's a group effort and one that is rather serious. At least to me it's serious.

OR, to put it another way : Never ask an encyclopedia salesman wheather or not u should by set of encyclopedias. What do u think they're going to say????

DOn't hibernate. Just grin and bare it.

Posted on: 2010/9/22 22:07
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Is that the "BAD" lifter, or the "GOOD" lifter for the V8's?

Posted on: 2010/9/22 22:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Hang in there Hank, my post(s) were in no way intended any disrespect to you, I just wanted you to be informed on what you purchased so you'll make a wiser decision in the future.

And I posted the X-Ref so Keith would shut his pie hole!

Gufawhahahaha!

Posted on: 2010/9/22 22:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Off subject a bit, but I wanted to put in my two cents worth. Tonight I searched for a carburetor for "the other luxury car", one from 1957. I did not find one, but the most striking thing about my search was the lack of an information source such as we have with PackardInfo.com. The format is superior to what I've see elsewhere, and the folks posting seem to be much more involved.

Thank you BigKev and thank you to all the other posters. I would not be able to putter with, much less drive, my Packard without the information and knowledge dispensed on this forum.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2010/9/23 0:00
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved