Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 218

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1930 733 kingpin removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Is it the ball bearings you are looking for or the bottom races? The ball bearings should be easy to locate and I have a bunch of races that range from very serviceable to NOS. Even have a set of NOS king pins and bearings in the factory tin boxes.

Jim Wayman
640 Phaeton

Posted on: 2010/9/16 21:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tfee
See User information
Both races are shot, the ball bearings look brand new and still measure within .0005 of 7/16" diameter. The upper race is part of the kingpin itself and the lower is just a cup. I've already purchased the replacement ball bearings with the dirt seal from a company in Australia for almost $200 but I haven't had time to grind down the kingpins yet. I would rather stay stock so let me know in a PM what you want for a pair of bearing races and pins.
Thanks
Todd

Posted on: 2010/9/17 8:15
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Odd Moen
See User information
I have been told that the Packard quality standards decided to go for the Swedish ball bearing manufacture SKF, and the bearings were then in millimeters. Therefore I had no problems to get bearings from stock in Norway nor in Europe. On my two 6-Series I have a double ballbearing type 5304 in top, and the lower bearing of type FAG 730B.TVP. FAG is German. This is an angular contact bearing with the dimensions 20 x 52 x 15mm. The king pin has to be grinded to 20mm diameter. Best regards Odd Moen, Norway

Posted on: 2010/9/20 17:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Todd:

Don't know how to reach you by PM. Let me know how to email you directly and I will send pictures of what I have.

Jim Wayman
640 Phaeton

Posted on: 2010/9/24 7:29
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Odd Moen
See User information
Hi, my e-mail address is od-moen@online.no.
Regards,
Odd Moen
Norway

Posted on: 2010/9/25 11:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
Odd:

Were you the one looking for king pins and bearings or was it Todd? I notice that the user names are different.

Thanks,

Jim Wayman

Posted on: 2010/9/26 21:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tfee
See User information
Hi Jim, I'm not sure who Odd is above but I sent you a PM about your king pins. Maybe you could just reply to my regulat e-mail:
tfee16811atgmail.com (replace at with @)
Hope all is well with you
Todd

Posted on: 2010/9/26 22:24
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved