Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 216

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Some people's children....
Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
I've been saying this for years now: There are some people's children that should never, EVER, pick up a hand tool. Just replaced the plug wires and coil wire on my '53 Cavalier today, talk about a mess! The coil wire didn't even match the others and was so loose I'm suprised that my car ran at all. It DEFINATELY wasn't made for my vehicle! To make matters worse, on a couple of the spark plug wires, the guy before me had actually taken a carburator linkage clip, jammed it into the center of the wire, and then pushed it into the distributor! Third, he had run number eight wire under the air cleaner housing. It was squished so flat as to be BARELY one eighth of an inch thick. I'm thinking that I've been running on seven cylinders this whole time. I have often wished that people who don't know what they are doing, do it to a toyota or something like that, not a classic vehicle! I'm going to re-time her and re-adjust the carb tomorrow. More to come....

Posted on: 2011/4/27 21:46
 Top  Print   

Re: Some people's children....
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
A Cooter's shade tree special straight from Hazzard county. Seen them before and unfortunately, we'll see them again.

Posted on: 2011/4/27 21:53
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Some people's children....
Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
A few years back, I had a little gal that I worked with come up to me and ask me if I could take a look at her car (It was a '76 Ford T-Bird). She said that every time she turned on the blower fan, the smell was so horrible that she couldn't stand it. Got under the hood and started laughing. Of course, she got a bit angry... I asked her, "Were you having some problems with your A/C?" "Yes" she replied, "How did you know?" Well, some idiot had figured out that there was a leak in one of the lines, so he "repaired" it with about four tubes of super glue! (The top of the compressor was filled with the stuff). I had to tell her that, barring replacement of the entire system, it would always give off that nasty chemical smell. Needless to say, she had a different vehicle within about a month. Aren't dummies just grand?

Posted on: 2011/4/27 22:31
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved