Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 217

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 48 custom8 - how do you remove radio
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

custom8
See User information
Randy; Thanks for your suggestions and all the others who have helped...I agree, the radio must come out thru the rear...some challenge...my car photo is in the 2255 section..

Posted on: 2012/4/3 20:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
works best if you take the glove box out, remove the heater distribution tube and unbolt the heater control under the dash. two nuts on top and j bolt on bottom of the radio - if you need more room you can undue the switch bar by removing two special nuts that are about an inch long (be very careful if you still have the old wiring. Its a big job-you just have to remove whats in the way. my custom is the black one under 2259

Posted on: 2012/4/3 21:42

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

custom8
See User information
Thanks Dell: I realize others have removed these radios so I can't see why I can't. I've started by just analyzing the glove box installation and I'm sure it will uncover the next step, when removed...Thanks to all for all the advice...loved your car photo

Posted on: 2012/4/4 16:03
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved