Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 219

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Rear Wheel bearing Endplay
Home away from home
Home away from home

africapackard
See User information
Hi Owen,

And also, not to be a cry baby , but my forefathers was interned on St Helena by the British, in the first kinda concentration camps. We still get the things these poor soles made in our Museums and my family name is among them.

Regards.
Barrie

Posted on: 2012/4/26 11:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Barrie, we're really off-topic, but I did it, so be it. Last year in Bermuda I visited the Dockyard and its museum; part of the facility was a British prison on and off for a century or more, and many artifacts (letters, carvings, etc.) from the Boer War prisoners. Interesting place to visit but doesn't shed good light on what man can do to man.

Posted on: 2012/4/26 11:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

africapackard
See User information
Hi Owen

Yes we are.

Funny thing is that the Afrikaner loyalties was actually with the Germans initially in wwII because of the atrocities in the internment camps during the Boer War in the early 1900's.

But, anyway, that is why rich Afrikaners only bought American as opposed to Rolls Royce! haha! Chev, Packard, Buick, Cadillac and etc were very popular here!

Regards and best of times in US!

Barrie

Posted on: 2012/4/26 11:25
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved