Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 219

R H, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Merchant Report: Seattle Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
It was recommended that I contact Dave Moe at Seattle Packard for a couple of parts I could not find for my 39 Super 8. I've been looking for a few months with no luck and the previous owner had not found the parts and had not sent me the ones he still had and I'd lost contact with him (no response to e-mails).
So, I gave Dave a call and we discussed the issue with the 39 Super 8 engine support and he agreed with others on the Forum that it was some type of saddle, based on the pictures I provided of the engine bay and the front of the engine, and thought he had one on a 39 Super 8 in his back lot. He also had the radiator surround and a rebuilt water pump. I said OK and paid him close to $800.
When I got the parts I discovered that he had sent me the timing cover instead of an engine mount as we discussed. Now, I have since discovered that there is no saddle and that the timing cover with an extra bracket serves as the engine mounting system. I also discovered that the radiator surround had the center support rod cut out of it. I called Dave and he said he'd check into it. I sent him an e-mail with pictures of the surround asking for a refund on both it and the timing cover. All of this took place in May and early June.
I make repeated calls and sent e-mail messages with no response from him. At this point I guess my money has just been taken and I've got a worthless surround (I do have a complete one now) and an extra timing cover I have no use for.
I've attached pictures of the radiator surround so that you can see what I mean. There is a picture of the place where the center support was cut off. The one on the right is of the good one I got. I feel that it is a real shame that one of us would take such advantage of another. Personally, I'm in process of seeing if I can get someone to hold a Packard I want and I'll pay him off in a few months with him holding the car. I'll just send the checks and I trust him to have the car when I get there if we make a deal. That's the way that I do business. These are class cars for gentlemen; we should act like it.
Gene

Attach file:

jpg  (64.06 KB)
3021_5015dd2b7c8c8.jpg 960X720 px

jpg  (39.63 KB)
3021_5015dd7064940.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2012/7/29 20:04
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved