Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 167

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Gas Mileage and Water Fountains
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Hi gang -

I'm back in the land of the living again and finally found out what kind of gas mileage my '55 was giving. With almost all surface street driving broken by short freeway breaks she is delivering 11.3 mph - which I think is pretty good, all things considered. I need to look for the recent thread about throttle linkage determining shift points as my T-U upshifts a little late. If I can adjust that so that I can get into Direct Drive sooner, the mileage should improve. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be a mileage checker, I just want to see what it can do and them just leave it alone.

I also got down to the radiator shop that was re-coring my heater core and installed that yesterday. On the way back the underseat heater signalled that it wanted a new core as well. I'll get to that later but for now we're by-passing that. I also managed to free up the frozen power seat motor with the vertical motor next on the list. That will wait until the underseat heater job as it looks like the vertical motor requires the seat track to be at least raised to get to it.

Today is the last day of our incredible Summer weather here in Oregon - the monsoons are due tomorrow. Think I'll go for a ride!

Posted on: 2012/10/11 16:42
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved