Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
199 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 198

William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: painting the 51 200
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
The splash shield originally came with a rubber trim stapled on it. I haven't had much luck finding a reproduction one...

Steele Rubber offers this:

http://www.steelerubber.com/search?q=30-0476-44#gravel-shield-anti-squeak-30-0476-44

...as replacement for the original which was specified in the factory parts books (Gr. 2.0119) for all 51-54 models and the 55 Clippers.

Too late to help?

Meanwhile, you've come a long way in a short while, with some real craftsmanship there. Thanks for posting with pix and keep up the good work.

Posted on: 2013/4/16 8:43
 Top  Print   

Re: painting the 51 200
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
here's a progress photo. I've put the rear bumper, windshield wipers and more trim on since this photo. We have the annual "Broke After Taxes Tour" tomorrow with four of the biggest car clubs in town. Go for a two hour tour, and then all meet at the KAO to eat hobo stew and look at all of the cars. I'll post some photos of the tour tomorrow, assuming we don't get more snow!

When I put the first hubcap on, I managed to chip the paint slightly on the raised bumps on the wheel. The next hubcap, I applied a little bit of wheel bearing grease on the bump and the hubcap slipped right on with no chipping. As long as it doesn't slip right off, this may be a good thing to remember.

Thanks for the tip on the rubber, but the tubing works well, is cheap and readily available. I just won't be able to put it in Pebble Beach.....

Attach file:

jpg  (36.02 KB)
1679_51732f6478cc8.jpg 640X428 px

Posted on: 2013/4/20 19:15
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved