Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
207 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 203

humanpotatohybrid, Frogmagic, kevinpackard, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Suggestions please.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
I have a beauty of a car cover. Paid probably too much for it, but heck it's only money! Does anyone do anything special to protect the cover from the mascot? My '55 400's mascot has sharp edges on the rear edges of the wings. The front isn't to blunt either. Anyone use anything to cover the mascot before placing the cover down into place? Now I use micro fiber towels to cover the mascot before making the cover snug.

Posted on: 2013/2/2 17:51
 Top  Print   

Re: Suggestions please.
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I have the same issue. I always wrap the bird in an old bath towel, and secure it with a bungie cord. Those wings will make a hole in the cover in no time at all. I suspect the same trick will work on the 55 version as well.

Posted on: 2013/2/2 18:00
 Top  Print   

Re: Suggestions please.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

John Sauser
See User information
I put a slit in couple of old tennis balls and slip them over the tips of the wings on all of my birds to protect the car covers.
John

Posted on: 2013/2/3 12:46
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved