Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 159

Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1930 packard parts PLEASE HELP!
Just popping in
Just popping in

Hosie
See User information
yes that was the conclusion i drew as well. I also still have the old lubricator. Bijui? or some random name like that. seems to be in half decent shape actually. The number i got was fron the top of the block right where the cylinders mate to the crankcase. I'm not sure if thats the engine number or whether its on the mounting arm of the crankcase?

Posted on: 2008/7/2 22:11
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Hosie
See User information
i know there's another number stamped in the mounting arm at the fron of the crankcase. The number i put on here and that is in the pic is at the back near the flywheel/tranny end of the case. Which one is the actual engine number?

Posted on: 2008/7/2 22:13
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Hosie,

If you look at 34PackardRoadsta's response, I think he has the answer you are after.

"by 34PackardRoadsta on 2008/7/2 14:16:42

I'm pretty sure the 170107 is the engine number. The Packard Club has a listing of cars with the series numbers for the engines. 170107 corresponds to the 1929 Deluxe Eight engine series.

I made the early assumption that it was a 29 or 30 engine based on the cylinder equalizing tube, manifold design, mounting for the choke activated cylinder wall lubricator and other engine details.
"

Posted on: 2008/7/2 22:42
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Quote:
Bijui? or some random name like that. seems to be in half decent shape actually. The number i got was fron the top of the block right where the cylinders mate to the crankcase. I'm not sure if thats the engine number or whether its on the mounting arm of the crankcase?

The lubrication system was made by Bijur. They still exist, and produce lubrication systems for industrial applications. The number 170,107 is definitely the engine number.

Any chance you have found the data plate? It would have been a brass plaque on the firewall, driver's side.

Tom

Posted on: 2008/7/3 14:08
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Hosie
See User information
well no i donthave the firewall plate unfortunatly but i am going to have a good look through the bush while i'm up there next weekend cause with the car missing that many parts i cant inmagine somebody taking it very far. I imagine the rest of it is in the bush somewhere. The deluxe eight is a pretty high end car is it not? did they make them in a hardtop? all that I can find from 29 are soft tops. It seems to be a pretty impressive old car though thats for sure. I would imagine it would be one of the top models from that year?

Posted on: 2008/7/4 9:13
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Dennis Green
See User information
Hosie,
I would be interested in buying one or both of the window crank handles. They match the ones on my 1930 726.
726er

Posted on: 2008/7/4 16:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved