Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

Packwagon, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

part vinyl top on 37 super eight
Just popping in
Just popping in

alanandlinda
See User information
We are having our 37 super eight restored , which has been a real nightmare. It is still in the shop and the worker who took the metal strip on the top that holds the vinyl on, just ripped it off and it can't be used . Does any one know where we can find a replacement strip with nails? No one seems to know what this top is called, any help with this?

Thanks Alan

Posted on: 2013/8/26 13:33
 Top  Print   

Re: part vinyl top on 37 super eight
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
A fabric top insert was standard construction in all makes for quite some time. Steel stamping was unable to make pieces large enough for turret tops until 1936. Flexible vinyl was around but not used for the inserts to my knowledge. I'd be concerned about the shop's familiarity with 1920's and 1930's vehicles.

which doesn't answer your question, but I'm sure others here have had their inserts replaced

Posted on: 2013/8/26 14:27
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved