Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
255 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 255

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Re: What would you have if you didn't have a Packard?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jack Lindholme
See User information
I always wanted a 41 Buick Roadmaster Club Coupe or Conv., but they got very expensive before I could find one, so I bought a 49 Caddy series 61 fastback instead. but I sold all my collector cars in 1986..........15 years too soon

Posted on: 2013/11/4 19:44
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

BreakingPackard
See User information
Every relationship has [at least] two terms. There will never be another car that will ever have as much effect on me as did the 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado. Because of what that car was and because of what I was -- a teenager -- at the time. A beautiful car. Like a modern version of the Cord 810. A real Up Front statement. And fast 0-60 7.2 sec top speed 130.

The 1967 Eldorado. Dark and beautiful.

I love automatics and torque converters. Someday would like to have a 1956 Buick with the complex Dynaflow transmission. Twin turbine torque converter with variable pitch stator blades.

HH56 I have a 1996 XJ12. I saw this engine when it was new in London in 1971. In dealers' showrooms up on stands. Always wanted one. Has a beautiful quiet sound when one starts it not like any engine I've heard before. Hardly ever drive it.

Right now I'm happy with my two "new" '54 Ultramatic Patricians.

Of course a Cadillac V16 would be cool ...

Posted on: 2013/11/4 22:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
A 356C Porsche Coupe with sun roof. The styling is classic. Almost as fast as a Packard.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/11/4 22:43
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Aside from the Packard, I've a few offerings from the Ford Motor Company including a '60 Edsel. Funny, most people get very focused on one marque and few in the circles I travel cross makes, or even era for that matter. So... I have Packard friends, Edsel friends, high performance friends, and pre-war friends. In a few cases, friends who like sundry vehicles and forms of mechanica. Kinda fun actually.

Recent visit with Kev while showing the '60 in Palm Springs. Fun when interests extend beyond one marque.

Attach file:

jpg  (42.75 KB)
169_52786e2db249d.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2013/11/4 22:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'day all, especially WILLIS......The 54 Kaisers are a very nice looking machine...Here is one currently for sale..

http://countryclassiccars.com/html/spcars_97.htm

Best Regards Peter Toet.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 0:22
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Don't tell anybody - but probably I would have a 1956 Chevrolet BelAir V8 Powerglide. I like the style and the V8 engine. The only after WW2-american car to be seen in my neighbourhood in the 1950s, when I grew up, was one of this model, the reason being Norway had car rationing until 1960!due to the the war.

Tom

Posted on: 2013/11/5 7:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Peter, I live close to that spot and have been there several times. I want head over before winter to check out the Kaiser and 2 Packards he has. He has several hundred cars stored inside and outside, with all levels of condition.
Rocky, I had a 56 Chevy and in high school and drove the wheels off of it for several years. Coincidently the Route 66 dealer has one exactly like the one I had. Another reason to get over to the location soon.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 8:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I love to have both a 1966 Pontiac Bonneville (love those wide-track Pontiacs) and a 1966 Ford Thunderbird. I'm not fixated on 1966, I just really like those two cars.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 9:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
The only Packard I have NOW is a 1/87th scale '53 Caribbean (I WILL say it's in perfect, like-new condition!... )...

But, after I get a '47 TWO-door Clipper...I'll go for an opalescent blue '63-67 Jaguar E-Type roadster. PURE sex appeal on wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/11/5 14:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
I'll tell you the truth ... I'd give anything to get my hands on my first car (or a similar one):

A 1960 Ford Sunliner convertible with 352 CID V-8, 4 bbl, dual exhaust, power steering, brakes, electric seat, electric windows, power top, factory air.

A simply awesome car.

Attach file:

jpg  (51.96 KB)
5003_52798efc9b0e4.jpg 800X533 px

Posted on: 2013/11/5 19:36
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved