Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
84 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 82

Spencer B., TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Some thoughts on reproducing literature here.
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Attached is a jpg file of an interesting newspaper ad for the Packard light eight. At least it looks interesting; sadly it seems unreadable.

I suspect that this particular image was made with a camera with flash on camera; it doesn't appear to me to be a scan.

What seems to be a better way is to do this in sunlight, with the flash off. If the paper can sit on something black, print through will be minimized.

Using the flash made the image lighter and flat. Sunlight makes the autofocus more accurate and helps with contrast. Using your zoom at a longer focal length helps with distortion.

If the size and condition of the original permitted, a scanner will usually do a better job.

I really appreciate the effort of everyone in sending these in, but if they are not clearly readable your effort is somewhat in vain.

If you need help photographing or scanning, post your problem here. A number of people here are well qualified to help....

Attach file:

jpg  (62.19 KB)
2488_52f9c288d7a60.jpg 630X828 px

Posted on: 2014/2/11 1:36
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved