Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 207

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Neutral & backup light swith repositioned
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
A slight repositioning of the neutral & backup light switch was required as shown. We used a simple band clamp to effect that. The activation rod was not modified.

Resized Image

Craig

Posted on: 2014/2/16 15:14
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Re: Neutral & backup light swith repositioned
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
HH56 Quote:
It looks like a very good solution except for those few of us blessed with (or unfortunate enough) to have factory AC. We need that real estate and vent opening so if you could just come up with a simple workaround for that situation.

Howard,

You are very clever guy. I know that you came up with your own under-floor lever system that appears will work with factory air. So noproblemo!

Craig

Posted on: 2014/2/16 15:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
64Avanti Quote:
Great install. Does the car have front disks or have you addressed the check valve needed in the front port for drum brake cars.

Lance's Constellation has original front drum brakes. No issues so far with check valve or proportioning valve. I'll keep you guys appraised as he gets more road test time (yes, it has been road tested!).

Craig

Posted on: 2014/2/16 15:23
 Top  Print   

RHD version
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Peter Packard Quote:
Cannot wait to see the RHD version of the Mod.

In your dreams, mate!

Craig

Posted on: 2014/2/16 15:25
 Top  Print   

Re: BTV Replacement that should work for everyone
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Slick. Very slick set up. My only strong suggestion is that the pedal bracket needs to be bolted to the instrument panal or steering column.

Posted on: 2014/2/16 21:06
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Howard,

You are very clever guy. I know that you came up with your own under-floor lever system that appears will work with factory air. So noproblemo!

Craig

But unlike those solutions you come up with, mine seem to be neither simple nor inexpensive nor for the faint of heart .

Is there a specific reason for using the Chevy booster setup or is that only available as a matched set with the pedal. Would the MPB booster that others have bought and might now want to move work with the Chevy pedal?

Posted on: 2014/2/16 21:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Why would u want the MPB??? The stock production chevy stuff is plentiful, cheap and well proven over decades and Billions of miles and minimal effort to install. What more could anyone want????

Posted on: 2014/2/16 21:28
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

PackardV8 wrote:
Why would u want the MPB??? The stock production chevy stuff is plentiful, cheap and well proven over decades and Billions of miles.

Because I know there are people who have bought the MPB and have asked about a different pedal arrangement. It would be nice if they could just buy a pedal and move their unit so as not have to shell out to start from scratch.

Posted on: 2014/2/16 21:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Oh. Ok. Good point. Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/2/16 21:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
HH56 Quote:
Is there a specific reason for using the Chevy booster setup or is that only available as a matched set with the pedal. Would the MPB booster that others have bought and might now want to move work with the Chevy pedal?

I pulled the entire assembly off of a 1979 Chevy here in Pahrump about 10 years ago with the idea that it SHOULD work on the Panther. I didn't know, but it looked like it would. Just recently, I "paid" Lance for helping me with some carpentry by giving him the Chevy setup. He did most of the install as described above, but validated that the Chevy unit would indeed work.

As to using just the pedal side, if you are willing to mount the booster/MC on the firewall, there are all kinds of aftermarket (hot rod) booster/MC & pedal assemblies available that would work. Of course the idea of the MPB unit is that it goes in the stock BTV location. The Chevy pedal would definitely NOT work with the MPB in the original BTV location.

Craig

Posted on: 2014/2/16 21:40
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved