Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
195 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 191

Ozstatman, Todd W. White, Don B, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

What a car
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Packard Illiterati
See User information
I finally had the time to go into the car and look through it. It's a mess. From the volume of poop, it appears cats used the car as a den, and the glove box made a fine bird nest. After removing the debris and seat padding, I found a treasure trove of items. All the knobs for the dash, all interior trim, a bunch of items I though I'd need to scour the earth to find. However, without a doubt I've never seen any vehicle with the build standards of a Packard. I've uploaded more pics as well.

Being new to them, I'm amazed at the nuances that might be considered unnecessary. Trim, upholstery... details one would never see unless bent over or on the knees. I'm in love.

One of the items that really made my day happened when we pulled the rear seat from the car to get to the debris and inspect the floor pans. After pulling the sound deadening pad (for lack of a better word), I noticed something round and shiny. I picked it up, and it's an uncirculated 1953D penny. That is going back into the car during the restoration.

Might I ask everyone here if you've seen the AF paint scheme? That's the factory color for this Packard, and my brother had wanted to change the paint scheme, but after seeing the interior paint and fabric, I think I persuaded him to stick to the factory paint. I have a feeling it's an elegant color palette, but as the paint on mine is very oxidized, it's tough to tell if it had any pizzazz or was simply a dull primer gray.

Warmest regards!

Posted on: 2014/10/11 19:53
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved