Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 162

BigKev, 53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

First Caterpillar Race truck
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

dav
See User information
Hello Every one

I am trying to find a new home for first CAT truck which was build for World Truck racing and installed to one of the Soviet Trucks ZIL-4421CE Ring. ZIL-4421C was released in 1991 to participate in the global ring championship in the class of trucks, similar to Formula 1 for trucks. In 1993 it was upgraded and received informal index ZIL-4421SE. truck was released in the amount of 3 copies of which are preserved one. for a successful compete with ?Mercedes? and ?Mann? ZIL on the track was equipped with a Caterpillar engine capacity of 900 hp Automatic ZF, rear axle Rockwell, front axle Ford Cargo, brakes Lucas. The machine has a hinged back! cabin and lightweight parts of feathers. machines such type at the turn 80-90s was created 6 pieces, of which survived 3 cars. racing ZIL has successfully performed all over Europe and its pilot was on the podium. In heavy for ZiL years, he fought on equal terms with the rich teams rivals Mercedes-Benz and MAN. ZIL racing at a mass of 5.5 tons accelerated to 100 km / h for 5 sec. This rare car has participated in the championships during the 1993-1994 year. And was on 3 places. The ZIL factory did not served till today. But the cars is. Please if anyone know who might be able to help save History of racing trucks let me know if you have a lot of original documentation of CAT engine for Soviet union. Wich can be provided as well.
And I thing this Racing Truck will be nice peace of history and Truck racing and have to be in Museum. but Museum was not interested in History Racing truck. Or I did not find yeat wright person.

Thanks
Dav
My Cell: 414 630 2853

Attach file:

jpg  (46.98 KB)
3853_547fe93f36d79.jpg 751X419 px

Posted on: 2014/12/3 23:55
www.vintagecarbuyers.com
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved