Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Need lower half of engine delivered
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Is there anyone with an empty trailer from Chicago area heading east to pick up their next project that can deliver the lower half of my engine to a shop in Cecil Ohio if not I will have to ship it?

Thanks

Posted on: 2007/4/20 7:23
 Top  Print 

Re: Need lower half of engine delivered
Just popping in
Just popping in

lhall4717
See User information
I discovered a great service for shipping at:

www.uship.com

It runs a little like eBay. You post what you want shipped, and vendors submit competitive bids. Like eBay, you can read other's experience as they rate the shipper's performance.

I had a '47 Clipper hood that needed to be picked up from rural PA (From Pittsburg, go 45 miles into nowhere) to Dallas.

I got a quote from UPS to box and ship as long as the owner took it 15 miles to the nearest office. Cost was $658. For a $50 hood!

That's when I found U-Ship. I had several offers around $200. I accepted one for $175. The shipper picked it up at the rural address and took to to my house. He was going through the area, so I basically paid for his gas money home.

U-Ship takes anything from pets to cars.

I hope this helps.

Posted on: 2007/4/28 3:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
lhall4717,

Thanks I will check it out.

Posted on: 2007/4/28 11:00
 Top  Print 

'31 engine shipment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
I just registered on uship.com and received a bid for $125 cheaper then what I paid for having the upper half of my engine shipped back to the body shop. What a great way to save.

Posted on: 2007/5/1 10:10
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Well guys uship worked out pretty well they will be picking up my engine tomorrow and have it at Harts Machine Service tomorrow Afternoon. All for $130. It would of cost me about that much in gas if I had to run it out there. :)

Posted on: 2007/5/2 21:34
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

lhall4717
See User information
That's the absolute great thing about forums like this. People who have the answers help people who have the questions. And we all have a little of both!

I'm thrilled for you!

Posted on: 2007/5/5 23:49
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved