Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 216

CCR, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Trouble removing oil pan - clearance?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Do other people really remove the steering linkage to get the pan off? Doesn't seem like you should have to do that.....?

It depends on your definition of "remove"; in my view you are not removing the linkage or in any altering it's dimensions or alignment, you are simply "lowering" it out of the way by disconnecting the idler arm from the frame. Yes, you have to do it, it's only 2 bolts. And yes, as JW says, you need to remove the lower flywheel cover.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 13:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

JW wrote:
Why are you reluctant to accept advice? I have done this job more than once and the steps outlined are necessary. They are not difficult nor are they complicated to perform.

(o{}o)

@JW: Hardly. Nothing I asked made me reluctant to accept advice. I was questioning whether it was required, as it seemed more like a suggestion to try, not a normal process.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 14:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Gotcha, thank you. Will be doing that tonight - haven't been under the car for a few night now. Other 'honey-do' projects regularly tear me away.

Posted on: 2015/2/2 14:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks to everyone. Got the oil pan off tonight. Phew! More involved than I thought it would be, but glad it's at least possible to do. On my slant six mopars from the early '60's forget it. Engine has to come out: the K frame is too in the way.

Posted on: 2015/2/3 4:17
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved