Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 203

Alvin14, BigKev, Stefanie, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet May 14-16 2015
Just popping in
Just popping in

DFleming
See User information
We are kicking off a new swap meet in Luray VA that is designed for pre 1949 Auto,Transportation, Farm, and Gas engine related items. Please check out our Website for Registration information. www.mapwsm.com We would be glad to have you as our vendors for your Pre War items. Meet is held at the VFW Post in Luray VA. The vending field is grass and we do have two covered pavilions.

Please email or call for more information. Dennis Fleming 540-860-1384 or dennis@fairviewnet.com.

We have a list of registered vendors in the ABout page of the web site

Attach file:

pdf Size: 513.33 KB; Hits: 38

Posted on: 2015/3/7 20:32
 Top  Print   

Re: Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet May 14-16 2015
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

wowabunga
See User information
I'm packing ALL my prewar stuff right now, just sat down for rest.... hope'n I have the energy to dig out the large box of 6v headlamp bulbs in deep storage. Box of old door/window handles that have been in deep storage never been to a swap. Some old tools.

I have some early Packard jacks if any one needs one, IM me and I can bring some.

I'm told some vendors are onsite tonight, some arriving Thursday, and many including myself will be there early Friday at the crack of dawn...!!!

Posted on: 2015/5/13 20:35
 Top  Print   

Re: Mid Atlantic Pre War Swap Meet May 14-16 2015
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

wowabunga
See User information
This new show surpassed my expectations this weekend...! There were some 25-30 vendors on the field. Located on the grounds of the local VFW the volunteers from the post were super nice and very suportive, and their pulled pork samiches were quite tasty. Local business was also very suportive as each vendor was given a pass ($26 value wow) to see the local cave and car museum in Luray. On Satruday people were walking around handing out doughnuts ( still warm freshly made ) that were as good as any doughnut you'll ever find. Tip to Dennis who's store makes the doughnuts... you better make more next year... and I'm preordering a dozen.

To quote one of the attendies: "This is a real show, no crap, all parts"

Hoping for a better crowd next year as attendance was very light. On the otherhand we the vendors made the effort. Myself.... for starters skipped 2 days of employment. Woke up at 1am Friday, unpacked my enclosed hauler that was loaded with hardware, and then re-packed the trailer with every prewar part I could find. At 6am then drove 2 hours to Luray in order to be set up bright n early on Friday. Vendors drove in from as far as Florida, Alabama and Pennsylvania, and with a good showing we did our part. Next year it's your turn, you the buyers, to show some support and make the effort. Much to see and do in the Shanadoah Valley, the mountains and fresh air are worth the drive.

(PS One parkardinfo member did stop in and we were thankful)

Attach file:

jpg  (43.49 KB)
3135_5558e0342194d.jpg 1200X215 px

jpg  (123.34 KB)
3135_5558e53e3b4ab.jpg 900X672 px

Posted on: 2015/5/17 13:39
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved