Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 202

BigKev, Packard Don, BDeB, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Turn Signals Not Cancelling
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't have any photos of your setup but your car should have the concave ring or spacer as Packard called it and will look something like this one. It fits around the shaft snugly, is about 1/4" tall and pushes down well into the bearing. The split ring in a groove around the shaft may or may not be used on your car. It is hard to identify in parts book if it was used. If not present now, it does not appear to be that big a deal. The spring pressure between the wheel and spacer keeps the spacer tightly in the bearing. I removed mine to take the photo and when it is out have the exact side to side motion of shaft you describe so it is probably missing on yours.

The bent wire anti rattle spring should also be there and will look something like this one from a 47. Different part number for yours so probably the mounting is different. The ends most likely do something with the slots near the switch instead of going under the switch mounting ears like this one.

Attach file:

jpg  (14.10 KB)
209_558c152a23a5d.jpg 494X406 px

jpg  (92.00 KB)
209_558c15333ae23.jpg 945X892 px

Posted on: 2015/6/25 9:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard 1948
See User information
>I removed mine to take the photo and when it is out have the exact side to side motion of shaft you describe so it is probably missing on yours.

Howard...you kindness and extra willingness to help out a Cyber Packard Friend is way beyond expectation. I am truly grateful.

My dads car has neither the anti rattle spring nor the concave ring (split spacer) and therefore you helped me identify the problem.

Does anyone have these two parts???

Bill

Posted on: 2015/6/25 11:04
Bill,

Dedicated to keeping the man who owns one on the road!!!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard 1948
See User information
I was able to find the spacer however this is still missing the anti rattle spring. Does anybody by chance have one available?

Thanks!

Bill

Posted on: 2015/6/28 19:44
Bill,

Dedicated to keeping the man who owns one on the road!!!
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved