Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 218

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Proposed Modern Packard V12
Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
Quote:

PackardV8 wrote:
"doesn't seem to be filled with the stick up the butt mentality of other Packard or old car forums"

Yeah. But there's only about a half dozen of us that don't allow the BS or sales pitch to 'just slide on by'.

However, be aware that there are many who will still defend and promote various clubs and vendors WITH VEILED AGENDA. Some of them try to be real smooth about it too or they think they are being smooth about it. GUFWAH ha ha ha ha.

I'm not down on any of the clubs or vendors. Not in the least. They are important for our continued operation of the cars we own. But i'm not going to swallow any of their shit and will call their hand on it every time. Sometimes i am wrong tho.

You and I are on the same page then...I too call BS when I see it. For the record, I have no dog in the race as I'm not a vendor nor do I represent one...not even trolling for work as when 5 o'clock comes around I shut my toolbox (which is filled with motorcycle tools these days)

Posted on: 2009/9/7 13:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
All the political crap is what made me leave the PAC/PI and even SDC so many years ago...and that's what I dig about this forum, it doesn't seem to be filled with the stick up the butt mentality of other Packard or old car forums.

Over the years, I've met some good people who happen to be members of PAC, but the socio-political scene of that club is not my cup of tea. In less than ten years, I've gotten a lot more of what I'm looking for from casual, online participation than in the 25 years I was a dues-paying subscriber to PAC. I let my membership to that club lapse a few years ago.

That said, PackardInfo.com is the best resource a Packard owner or enthusiast will ever find.

Yet, don't anyone think me to be anti-club. I still belong to one, smaller club (non-Packard) that puts out fewer publications, but has put a much more technical info and hard-to find parts in the hands of it members to help keep those cars on the road. Moreover, a couple of years ago, that club even gave me their founder's award for my personal efforts toward that end. Alas, I haven't had much time since to even work on that car, let alone help that club, but they continue to move forward. I've gotten a lot more bank from my buck with that club and for a lot lower annual dues than what many others levy.

Then, I'm not a Studebaker owner, but in spite of whatever politics go on within the SDC, I've always given them kudos for their continued high level of technical support, via the The Studebaker Co-Operator column in their monthly magazine.

Posted on: 2009/9/7 13:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
Quote:

BH wrote:
Quote:
Aye, I suspect that the respective magazine editors were blinded by the excitement of "what could've been" to have prevented a more critical eye which would've prevented them from going forward with this article.

Yes, someone was so excited that they were gonna get the scoop with that story and make their club stand out from all others. Problem is they were only half right.

Yet to rush forward with that piece, with those obviously photoshopped pix and without one shed of tangible evidence and no corroboration of the story by anyone else from the company was just plain reckless.

If there ever was some genuine consideration by Studebaker to revive Packard, the real story of that, however brief it my be, will be forever tainted by that whopper of a fairy tale that was served up as fact.

That really is a shame...consider if either of the editors stepped back, took a breath and realized he would've better served his readers by either round filing that article or calling it out in print. So much for the 4th estate and the 4 "W"s

Posted on: 2009/9/7 13:11
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved