Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 164

BigKev, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Engine Oil Pan Tips and Tricks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
Thanks Otz ill hope that its not in the way, but if it is ill do what you said sounds like it will work too me if not no biggie ill just time it....gotta learn!

Posted on: 2019/3/21 22:13
Pat and Melanie Westerkamp

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

Chevmn56 wrote:
...The oil trick on the block side gasket i have heard of before on the Model A forum i frequent.....but i just cant bring myself to do it lol just doesn't seem like it would seal too me im sure it would because i have heard it so much before, but i think it would drive me nuts and i would be looking for leaks at every stop!!!!!!...

A light coating of grease on the engine side of the gasket will not affect the gasket from sealing. The gasket is the source of the seal whether it is cemented or coated. The grease coating simply allows the gasket to slip on the engine when installing the pan.

Posted on: 2019/3/22 11:04
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Hi, I don't know about a 41 but I did do a video on a 47. Watch here on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uyrBl3oq0I
Wes

Posted on: 2019/3/23 13:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved