Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
199 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 198

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packard Info DVDs?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Just asking your guys opinion on if you think having a DVD available with all the article content on it for a nominal fee would be a useful to anyone?

I have done this in the past for a few folks that had very slow internet connections and wanted the content. I would think that $5 should cover the cost of the DVD, mailer box, and shipping (inside the US).

I am just floating this out there. Opinions, Questions, Comments, feedback appreciated.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 13:30
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Info DVDs?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jay Faubion
See User information
I'd buy it. The last thing I got for that price was three crunchy tacos and a big diet Pepsi at Taco Bell.

Plus, I like the idea of having the resources on this site widely distributed. Computer hardware, ISP troubles and other factors can sometimes conspire to make things disappear at the most inopportune times.

Jay

Posted on: 2009/1/27 16:15
Jay Faubion
Ask me, I've got one!
Visit JaysPackard.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Kev,

Great Idea. Sign me up!
How much data do you think would be on a DVD?

DanL

Posted on: 2009/1/27 18:31
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Something else I think should be done on here is a PayPal button so we can either buy the DVD's, or to simply donate to the site. I'm sure I'm not the only one who expects Kev to pay for all this, and even if we all chipped in $5, that's still quite a chunk of dough to be put into this site and ease some of Kevin's burden. It would be an easy way for some of us to say "thank you".

Posted on: 2009/1/27 21:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
I'll take a DVD. The PayPal idea is a good one as well. Who knows what might be for sale related to Packards and PackardInfo that I might like to have.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 21:14
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Kevin: With all the information that is on this site $5.00 for a dvd is dirt cheap. Heck when I purchase my copy of the 48 through 56 Packard STB' more than 10 years, that cost me around $100 at the time. Which I might ad have been posted on this for a couple of years now.

Heck even at $10.00 or $15.00 a copy the information on the dvd would be dirt cheap. If you go forward with this put me down for two copies.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/1/27 21:55
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I will let you guys figure out what a fair price should be for the DVD. I am not looking to make any money off of them or the website in general. Just want to cover any of the costs. I figure the hard costs are about $5 a DVD (DVD itself, box, and postage). So if you guys think that $10 is fair so that 1/2 covers the DVD costs, and the other $5 goes to the website hosting expenses, then let me know.

I checked the folder where all the Article PDFs are stored, and there is about 2.9 gigs worth of PDF files residing in it. Over 800 pdf files.

Also for those that have asked for a easy "Donate" Pay-Pal button (not related to the DVD). I have added one to the bottom of the page.

Once we figure out the DVDs (if you guys want to move forward with it), then I will add a separate button for that as it will need to ask for shipping information.

Thanks to everyone that has offered to help out, and those that have already been very generous with your unsolicited donations.

It amazes me what can be built when people join together and help out! We are getting close to our 3rd anniversary here in a couple of months. Look how far we all have come.

Thanks to everyone!

Posted on: 2009/1/27 22:33
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
$10 or $15 sounds fair to me. As soon as the button is active, I'm in.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 23:17
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Also, just one thing. While I appreciate the donations, and the folks wanting to buying the DVDs. All this is of course optional for those that want to help out. None of this is required. The website is free, and always will be. So for those that dont want to, or simply can't afford to, then no worries. Your active particiaption on the website is donation enough.

Posted on: 2009/1/28 0:08
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The more and more I thought about it, the less I liked having the Donate button on the website. I just would never want to give the impression to anyone discovering the website new that we are asking for money.

There are many folks here that have been extremely generous in your support and I perfer to keep and donations user initiated, rather than the website looking like it's asking for a hand out in anyway.

The #1 goal here on the website is to provide an always free online repository of everything Packard, and to provide an online venue for Packard lovers to get together and talk shop.

While monetary donations are great and go directly to support the upkeep of the website, I always prefer the donation of scanned original content. Money is here today, gone tomorrow, but that knowledge contained in the content can last a lifetime.

Thanks, and as always I appreciate everyones support and active participation here on the website.

Posted on: 2009/2/1 1:58
-BigKev

Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved