Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 218

Ozstatman, kevinpackard, charlieshot, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 48-50 fuel sender idea
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave O
See User information
Thank you Don; for my needed conformation that these senders will work. I will go that route.

Howard: thank you for all your help. I will start on this switch out as soon as it warms up a bit 20 degrees today. The extra testing you asked for I'll do with the dash out this winter.

I have confirmed with both your help and other reseach that.

1. The after market Spectrum 1957- 1959 Thunderbird sender and others will work and last with the 51-56 gauge, and Ohms are correct.

2. I have confirmed the KS 52-53 fuel gauge I have, is the exact same size as KS 1950 gauge that I expect to install directly in the dash of the 1950.

3. I understand an 6V to 5V regulator is needed to opertate the 52-53 gauge I have.

4. I agree installing an axcess hole for the fuel sending unit is a great idea!.

I think that's it. Anything else?

thanks; Dave

Posted on: 2022/3/9 14:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Many are keen on these access holes but I don’t like cutting up a car like that even it makes such work easier. My philosophy (if you can call it that) is to fix it so that you never have to take out the sender again and if in the off-chance that you do, it’s very easy to pull the tank.

Posted on: 2022/3/9 21:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave O
See User information
I found this testing procedure last night.
I believe this is for a Ford, but if it would be the same for Packard's it might be nice for others to review.

Can anyone review this and tell me if its compatable with any Packar years?. I assume Packard 51-56, but you know what they say about assuming.

Attach file:

pdf 29ba089511ded1a15791de0f4d6d0a[1052]2.pdf Size: 77.86 KB; Hits: 58

Posted on: 2022/3/11 12:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
About Assume, that’s why I typically say Presume. It’s safer!

Posted on: 2022/3/11 13:40
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved