Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 103

azpack400, BDeB, CCR, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1929 6-33 fuel issue
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

‘29 633 Mel
See User information
As noted by astute Ross, there was an adapter on my manifold to reduce it down to fit the Zenith carb. Once that was taken off, the diameter is exactly as you have shown in your pic. Woohoo.

I will send you my email address so we can correspond offline. Thanks

Now I need to locate a vacuum tank 🤣🤣

Posted on: 1/2 20:58
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dbedsole
See User information
you mentioned that the car sat up for 12 years - did you drain and remove the fuel tank? my "37 had been sitting up for 15 years- I removed 3 pounds of rust before having the tank repaired and sealed. It does not take much rust to get into the seat of the needle valve and to result in a flooded carb - you mentioned fuel coming out of the bowl.
MY '34 Rolls 20/25 has an Auto Vac - if you choose to install one on your car make sure that the fuel supply line stays as far away as possible from the exhaust pipe as well as your gravity line down to the carb float bowl. Vapor lock can be a problem - heat combined with the suction pressure causes the fuel to vaporize in the supply line to the vacuum tank. Locating the Auto Vac on the firewall of a hot engine compartment seems to be a poor design to me - hope your hood is ventilated. Keep in mind that the addition of ethanol to fuel makes the EPA happier because the fuel burns hotter, ie exhaust pipes.

Posted on: 1/7 12:06
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

‘29 633 Mel
See User information
Thanks for the info, I did not remove the tank (probably an oversight on my part) but tried to clean it out as best I could with the tank in-situ. I installed a new inline filter just ahead of the carb, replaced the seat and needle valve at the float, and cleaned out all through ports on the carb. If this doesn’t work then the only other option is to start all over again doing it properly as you suggested. I appreciate hearing your experience, as it helps me solidify my thinking on what the proper course of action is.

Mel

Posted on: 1/8 16:22
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dbedsole
See User information
I used a 10 micron in-line filter to resolve my issue.

Posted on: 1/11 14:39
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved