Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 224

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packards International magazine back issues
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Consider that the stuff I'm talking about was likely already in the public domain. Anything made by the Packard company or its employees (before 1963) would require copyright renewal to stay out of the public domain. Likely it is all in the public domain; a copyright 1950-1977 would have to have been renewed no earlier than 1978 after S-P was already long gone. It's common knowledge that a great deal of Packard materials were republished over the years and I doubt they got permission from anyone.

Source 1

Likewise the vintage ads would be in the public domain due to their age.

Quote:

Leeedy wrote:
Copyrights don't work like that. Just because you copy (extract) an article or two out of the magazine does not mean that article is any less copyrighted than the whole magazine. Artists and writers and publishers are entitled to own their own creations– no matter how this may look to those who don't create.

Yes but we are referring to things that have already entered the public domain. Copies of public domain works gain no new copyright unless they are substantially changed.

Source 2

Dealing with republished public domain works is quite different than sampling currently copyrighted works. Questions of "fair use" and things like that are irrelevant. Obviously this would be a different conversation if I wanted to just use whole PI issues for something. Would need to reference the copyright renewal logs to see if it's still under copyright.

Posted on: 1/6 7:12
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved