Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 224

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

QUESTION: V12 Sylphon Secret Recipe
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

DM37
See User information
I have reviewed all of the sylphon rebuild threads here and on the AACA forums. I have the temperature (various models) and 9/16" full extension stroke Packard specs for the completed units.

However: does anyone have the "fill percentage" or "mass of working fluid" for a completely empty Sylphon bellows assembly. I have the ACS-grade (purest) methanol (per the original design) and would like to not diddle/experiment if someone has worked out the fill ratio.

I saw a vague reference to "half of the bellows volume" but there was no temperature vs extension (stroke) testing thereafter...just "I'm going to see how it works in the springtime"...concerned about that guy's overfill risk.

I'm an engineer and am trying to be more concise in the refill process if anyone can help...once I have the total recipe, I'll post that on the forum for future Syphonites.

Thanks. Dan M.

Posted on: 3/5 12:05
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved