Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 149

West Peterson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: engine burning oil only when warm
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

Rusty O\'Toole wrote:
Don't get too worried until you tune it up, and get a few hundred miles on it. The smoking may clear up on its own.

Good advice. When I bought my '47 it had been stored inside but had driven less that 100 miles a year for the previous 50 years and smoked oil and with so much blowby and lifter noise that I thought I would have to rebuild the engine. I was embarrassed to drive it. An old mechanic told me to just drive it for 500 miles and see what would happen. After a few highway runs the engine ran very well now with very little blowby or oil burning and the lifters noise all but disappeared.Drive it a while and see what happens; you might be pleasantly surprised.

Posted on: 2009/5/28 22:27
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved