Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
140 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

temporary carb swap
Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
The accelerator on the cop car finally gave out the other day, thankfully it made it through the parade, but just barely. by the time i got home it would barely idle acceleration was virtually nil. a quick dissasembly revealed my accelerator pump plunger to be dry rotted with chunks missing. How it held on this long is a mystery.

Anyway, i need to keep her moving as it takes up a large chunk of my driveway. will the carb of my 55 pat 352 at least do ok for the time being? i believe it should fit, but was wondering if there were any CFM differences that would be problematic.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2009/7/12 19:19
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Re: temporary carb swap
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
It will bolt on, and fit just fine. However, it MAY possibly run lean as it's slightly smaller than the original one. I would say that for general driving you'll be fine.

Posted on: 2009/7/12 19:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
works for me! thanks! i will be getting a carb kit asap, but in case it takes awhile this will have to do.

I hope to god i dont have to pay kanters $70 for a carb kit. that seems completely ridiculus!

Posted on: 2009/7/12 19:36
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Get your Kit from Daytona Carburetor.

Posted on: 2009/7/12 20:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
I've had very good results with this vendor.

http://www.carburetor.ca

Posted on: 2009/7/12 21:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
does anybody know were i can find the numbers for this carb? no parts places around me will say anything untill they have a carb number, but i cant find one on any of my three carbs. all i have is the brass tag number that they all say is unimportaint.

is there any more popular model car that this carb was used on? im sure that it could be found if it was listed for a cadillac or chevy, not an unlisted oddball like a Packard.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 9:03
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
No numbers on my 4GC either, should be a 7008610 or a 7009904.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 9:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
ok. my brass tag #, which i finally got a parts place to try using is 7008610. we shall see.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 11:24
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill
See User information
mikec,
If you try the site I listed in post above, click on Packard, it breaks the marque down in years and model with carb type used for that year and model and then gives kit part number.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 15:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
Thanks rowdy, i found it!

My 55 pat had a mostly complete rebuild kit on the back seat when i bought it. i say mostly complete because the onlly piece its missing is the pump plunger (go figure).

The kits instructions had a chart on the back that listed the barrel size of the carb as being the same for 55 and 56. Unfortunately, the kit has absolutely no identification on it, other than its for a rochester 4gc, and that it cost $30.

So is $60 or more the accepted price for this kit? its listed in kanters at $69 which seems very steep for a carb kit.

Posted on: 2009/7/16 15:20
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved