Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 214

Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

If anyone is in Nebraska this weekend.....Wow!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
http://jalopnik.com/5341679/epic-275+classic-car-junkyard-collection-headed-to-auction

Epic 275-Classic Car Junkyard Collection Headed To Auction

If you're anywhere near Palmya, Nebraska this weekend, you should plan to hit the estate auction of John Armbrust. Over the past 50 years he collected more than 275 vehicles, and they're all for sale. Absolutely epic gallery below.

Apparently, when Mr. Armbrust left this world, he had a lot of unfinished projects, having collected over 275 examples of the good, the bad, and the ugly in transportation history over the last 80 or so years. From a Bultaco motorcycle to a diesel Buick, there's something here for every taste and automotive perversion. Want a '57 Chevy two door? There's eight of 'em. 1958 Pontiac Chieftain 4-door? You bet. A Vega? Sure enough. What looks like a Packard Custom 8 is something really capturing our fancy. Below is a partial list of the vehicles that'll be on the sale this Saturday, going under the gavel of Speckman Realty and Auction Services, and even it is a whopper. This is one of those once-in-a-lifetime auctions that makes you wish for a really big trailer and a lot of garage space. We normally hesitate to use the word "epic," but to describe this cache of classics, we think it's appropriate.

I see a '48-50 dr, a 46-47 4 door, and supposedly a '50s ? as well.

Lots of pics of the cars available. Any Nebraska car lovers out there making the trip?

I love these old iron collections. Never know what your going to find.

*Also, can anyone identify the car in the last picture I posted? It intrigues me.

Attach file:

jpg  (42.41 KB)
633_4a8db6535eea3.jpg 504X378 px

jpg  (40.74 KB)
633_4a8db66719be3.jpg 504X378 px

jpg  (44.38 KB)
633_4a8db67d6a126.jpg 504X378 px

Posted on: 2009/8/20 15:11
 Top  Print   

Re: If anyone is in Nebraska this weekend.....Wow!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
That last pic isn't a Packard, it looks European. Maybe something like a Humber.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2009/8/20 17:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Spot on Eric. Went to the original site and they had a zoomed in photo of the car's hood...it is indeed a Humber...not quite like the one Arnold Schwarzenegger drove tho.

Attach file:

jpg  (58.37 KB)
471_4a8dcc238516c.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2009/8/20 17:20
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Thanks Turbopackman & carlmadsen, you answered my question from my original posting:

Quote:
*Also, can anyone identify the car in the last picture I posted? It intrigues me.

The car intrigued me.

Posted on: 2009/8/20 17:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Looks like my Euro car training has finally paid off! You better buy it Don, there's not too many of those around! (In the US at least)

Posted on: 2009/8/20 17:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
If I time to drive to Nebraska I just might! There can't be many of those cars around.

Ask the man who owns one....if you can find him.

Posted on: 2009/8/20 22:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
Hi all,
Yes a correct identification.
At one time Humbers were a cream of the British motor industry on a par with Jaguars, Rovers. Alvis, etc The cheaper end of the market was the Humber Hawk followed by the Super Snipe and finally the Imperial in the body style shown in your pic. They were very much influenced by the American style of that period with lots of chrome trim.
They were prone to suffer with the notorious tin worm due to the weather over here.
The company suffered with many amalgamations and came to an end approx in the late 70s
There is still a large following for them over here but good ones are hard to find and spares are also difficult.
I hope its rescued
Regards
Terry

Posted on: 2009/8/21 3:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Frank
See User information
I'll be going to this tomorrow. I'm still looking for a windshield for the 54 Packard Clipper Deluxe. To match up, I hear it has to be off of a 53 or 54 4 door or a 2 door with a post but not a convertible. Sound right? I think my chances of finding one are low but you never know. Thanks for the heads up on this event.

Posted on: 2009/8/21 13:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Great! Take some pics, and of course get some vin #'s & cowl stampings of those Packard for Owen-Dyneto.

Wish I could go, good hunting Frank. Be interested to see what the cars will sell for.

Posted on: 2009/8/21 13:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Frank
See User information
Went to the John Ambrust auction in Palmyra, NE today. There were two Packards in pretty rough shape. One had the word Lil Swede painted in script on the back or it. I tried to get models numbers but the doors wouldn't open on one and the engine was missing on the other as well as the door plate. They went for $350 and $175. Looked like most of the bidders were there for parts because all of the cars were very really bad condition. They had well over 100 pallets of parts ranging from hubcaps to horns. There was an interesting Studebaker truck that went for $400. Was alot of fun. It was the first auction I've been to where the crowd of bidders follows the auctioneer through a field. It looked likes some good deals on chrome parts but I didn't see much for Packards. I don't know the people in the pictures.

Attach file:

jpg  (91.44 KB)
1341_4a908e95a4c78.jpg 1280X853 px

jpg  (145.65 KB)
1341_4a908ead46ba2.jpg 1280X853 px

jpg  (169.43 KB)
1341_4a908ebcb088a.jpg 1280X853 px

jpg  (152.00 KB)
1341_4a908ecbbe8a9.jpg 1280X853 px

jpg  (132.93 KB)
1341_4a908ede0b912.jpg 1280X853 px

jpg  (90.33 KB)
1341_4a908eead562d.jpg 1280X853 px

jpg  (181.90 KB)
1341_4a908efe59499.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2009/8/22 19:37
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved