Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
245 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 243

William Grosz, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: First ever restore/repair 51 touring sedan help
Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
From what I see in your pic, body looks pretty good although a side pic would've been better. If the floors and rockers are still solid, then you're probably ok.

Posted on: 2009/11/3 18:26
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Kevin8888
See User information
When looking from the front of the car, the rear left pannel over the tire is iffy but not to bad, but it is the worst part of the body, as far as I have seen the floors are ok, as well as the rockers, but if not I'll cut them out and replace them. Going to see if I can inspect the car some time this week, and if every thing seems ok to me then I will hopefully have it in my garage a few days after.

Posted on: 2009/11/3 20:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
Where I currently live, rust in one form or another is unavoidable unless buying a "museum piece". That said, ny Packard is originally from Canada and is still very solid. Used good steel back in the stone age. Some effective methods I've used on rust repair or treatment include using Por-15 over areas you don't want or can't remove reasonably and using All-Metal filler instead of Bondo for spot repairs and seam filling. The stuff is pricey but well worth it!

Posted on: 2009/11/4 22:32
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved