Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 221

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Of Mice and Men
Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
While the decline of sciences and mechanics in this country is obvious, not too many of them can fix their modern cars on the side of the road either because they can't bring their lab with them. Really, the "shingles" and "sheepskins" don't prove what someone is capable of. I'm a maintenance tech at an industrial plant. I work on everything from the forklift and lightbulbs to 480v heaters and half-million dollar gearboxes. I have no formal training or even high school, yet I see the "pros" wire things backwards and overthink a 15 minute job into 9 hours with no progress. I got this job based on the car I drove to the interview alone, a 73 buick. I'm sticking with the old tried and true technologies and stocking up on them while I can.

Posted on: 2009/12/11 17:41
 Top  Print   

Re: Of Mice and Men
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
A tad of misogyny there in that female comment, sir...

Not really, it's very much the truth these days, until you include the "metro-sexuals", which to me are nothing more than women trapped in a man's body. And yes, I know what the term means.

Posted on: 2009/12/11 18:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved