Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 222

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Starbird Car show in Wichita, Ks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I went to the Starbird car show this weekend, for the first time ever. I had a lot of fun, enjoyed the cars, but there was only a single Packard there, a '37 roadster with a 352 and T/U in it. A really lovely car, it was definitely a show stopper.

Click to see original Image in a new window

This car is essentially what I want my Speedster to look like, only with a boat tail and older fenders. This car also changed my mind about having sidemounts, as I WAS going to put them on the car, but after seeing this and talking to the owner, we both agreed that dual sidemounts will make the car look weird, especially after sectioning the body.

Oh, and before I forget, PFHartman made it with his V12 Packard:

Posted on: 2010/1/17 23:11
 Top  Print   

Re: Starbird Car show in Wichita, Ks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
I don't suppose the Packard is mounted on a Clipper frame w/TL, is it? You and I had comments going back and forth on that possibility w/an early Packard running a V-8...

It's lovely, and kudos to its owner/builder for the Packard V-8!

Posted on: 2010/1/17 23:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
No, interestingly it's on the original '37 Packard 115c chassis! That sounds familiar....

Posted on: 2010/1/18 0:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'Day Eric, Nice photos of a very nice creation. Not my style but growing on me. it looks low to the ground, Did it have any suspension lifting arrangement listed? I love the use of a Packard engine and T/U. The body looks pretty stock which says a lot for the design style of Packards, that they don't have to castrate the body to get a good rod shape. Best regards Peter Toet

Posted on: 2010/1/18 3:24
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Magnificent car!!! 2wo things i noticed rather peculiar:

The "P" of the script on the valve cover is different and the entire length of script seems to be shorter than on the valve covers i have.

Also, the rite front wheel seems to set inboard of the fender opening quite a bit.

edit: The valve cover script more resembles the 56 Dash script but larger.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 8:23
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
What is that in the trunk???? Looks like a portable TV screen or terminal.

And then some people laugh at the trunk mounted household AC unit idea????

Posted on: 2010/1/18 10:25
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
it looks low to the ground, Did it have any suspension lifting arrangement listed?

It has an airbag suspension that raises when you start it and lowers when you shut it off. Neat, but not my cup of tea.

Quote:
The "P" of the script on the valve cover is different and the entire length of script seems to be shorter than on the valve covers i have.

The script was CNC machined and he used AMC valve covers. I explained to him that the rear "Packard" emblems on the V8 cars are an exact match to the stock Packard valve covers and he could have done that a lot cheaper than what he paid to have some CNC machined.
Quote:

Also, the rite front wheel seems to set inboard of the fender opening quite a bit.

Optical illusion, they're both equal.

Quote:
What is that in the trunk???? Looks like a portable TV screen or terminal.

And then some people laugh at the trunk mounted household AC unit idea????

Yes, that's a trunk mounted tv. Also not my cup of tea, I like an actual trunk. As for the trunk mounted household a/c unit, you can always do the roof mounted version:

Posted on: 2010/1/18 11:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved