Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 152

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16)

Re: 56 Patrician bought off ebay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
I had a mid-production 55 Patrician with over a 100K that had great pressure and no bottom end noises. The thick caked on goo assured me that the pan had never been off and I was happy to leave it alone.

Posted on: 2013/10/27 10:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
At some risk of reviving a dead horse, why not put on the olds pump and move forward? It seems to my untrained eye to admirably solve the problem which has never been decisively been identified.

Posted on: 2013/10/27 12:17
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Pat Green - apparently you didn't read my reply earlier. I value the originality of a vehicle. I want to keep the vacuum wipers.
It is my car and I prefer to keep it original with original parts. Why not find another forum subject and move on?

Posted on: 2013/10/27 12:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Thank you BH

I have the cam plate, think i am going to look into the long bushing, its something i can do on the mill.

but going packard pump

Posted on: 2013/10/27 13:14
Riki
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
FYI,

I took my pi pump apart, its been sitting since jack mailed it back,

What i see, and plan on doing, that coupling that pins the 2 shafts, my was broke. no big deal, i'ii make one.

i plan on leaving the lower shaft bore alone, and make a bushing to replace that coupling that goes up into the main bearing. the bushing will be at least 2 inches long. Will have step to meet the od of that part that the coupling goes into.

There is a lip in the main bearing cap which i might machine to match the bore. that will give more lenght for bushing.

the shaft will be supported all the way into the main. no slop.

without machining the main which gives more meat to the bushing,

this could be a do it yourself fix. once you have the bushing.

ok, will this help the problem. i really don't care for the way they did the pi pump. and permatex was used on the plate, \

Posted on: 2013/10/27 17:38
Riki
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I've been feeling better, so climbed underneath the Pat and weatherstripped the gasket to the block first, then siliconed the cork ends in place. Mounted the pump and connected the vacuum line. I have all the bolts back in the pan except the #$%^&*@ one at the front on drivers side. Thought about drilling a hole up thru the Xmember, but that's too much like work. Should have all connected tomorrow and after I remove the Dist. and lube the engine by driving the oil pump with a drill, it should fire up.
This is a rebuilt pump from Jack Vines.

Attach file:

jpg  (67.30 KB)
23_53290076cebc5.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (76.35 KB)
23_532900834629e.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2014/3/18 21:28
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved