Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 204

BigKev, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Frame Dimensions
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

yesterdaysradio
See User information
Hello,

I do not have the Packard manuals, but I do have the frame dimensions for 95% of all automobiles from 1939 to 1955. These are in seven frame books that I purchased when a shop went out of business many years ago. What year and model Packard do you need?

Jerry

Posted on: 2010/8/16 13:40
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

James Butcher
See User information
Jerry,

I sent you a Private Message on this as well. Hope you can help? Years 1939-1942 Thanks.

Eric

Posted on: 2010/8/17 7:15
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

James Butcher
See User information
BigKev, Any luck with your stack of goodies at home last night? Thanks!

Eric

Posted on: 2010/8/17 15:21
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sorry still looking through the stack. Between lunch yesterday, and the time I got home last night I feel off a cliff. Stay home today with a bad cold that came on in a matter of hours. I'll go look through the stack now and report back.

Posted on: 2010/8/17 15:34
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The remainder of the stack are Service Letters and Parts Lists. No frame dimensions are listed. Hopefully Jerry has what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2010/8/17 15:52
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

James Butcher
See User information
With your treasure-trove of items I am sure you have them there somewhere

Sorry you got a summer cold... the worst kind! Many people here in Virginia are suffering from sinus issues right now. The kind of work I do I can't afford to take time off... the place would fall apart in a week. As Mrs. Slocombe in "Are You Being Served" use to say... "and I am unanimous in that decision" ... I think?

Eric

Dag Gone... just saw your post. No more service manuals in you collection? Was hoping for at least 1932-1935. Jerry has 1939 on which will help for '39-'42. Waiting on him to reply.

Anyone out there with a 1932 and a 1935 or abouts with books to help out? Thanks guys!

Posted on: 2010/8/17 16:04
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Have you looked in the Service Manual section here on the website. We do have many of the ones from the 30s and 40s.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.category.php?10

Posted on: 2010/8/17 16:18
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

James Butcher
See User information
I pretty much looked them over and the only ones online that show frames were the 1937-38 and 1938-39 years from the 1930s and early 40s. There are some "pictures" of the frame but none with dimensions like in those two books. Even the 1935 shop manual is laid out different than the others and doesn't have a frame section. Odd.

Hopefully someone will take pity on me and supply them But if I get them from an offline source, I will definately post them here so other people won't have to go through what I am going through now to locate them.

Eric

Posted on: 2010/8/17 17:33
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

yesterdaysradio
See User information
ERic,

Blueprints do not xerox very well. They take manipulation on the computer. It is very time consuming. You said that you wanted all makes of automobiles. Nash, Hudson, Studebaker, Desoto, etc, to name a few. You are talking about one heck of a lot of pages. I thought you just wanted some Packard info. I am very busy making parts for Packard people at the present time. Maybe later.

Jerry

Posted on: 2010/8/17 18:50
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

James Butcher
See User information
Jerry, yes, Packard would be nice now. But in all fairness, you NEGLECTED to mention to everyone here that I offered to pay for the copies and postage of the other cars.

Eric

Posted on: 2010/8/17 19:07
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved